Friday, August 19, 2011

T-Minus 18 hours

Not bad for a year, 2 people...
Annie and the fowls

We are ready. All seven pieces of luggage cataloged and packed (remember, two are scuba gear!), and the house seems to be in order. Nelly and Dickens went to their new mom on Saturday, and since Annie is a Brooklyn lawyer, they are now Urban Birds. We hope the three of them are very happy together. This week has been a series of small plagues, from colds to a candle-related small fire to confusion over my teaching schedule--so getting on the plane in the morning will be a relief. We have a dive trip planned already, and not only will it be gorgeous, but evidently, diving is a lot cheaper if booked from Egypt for Egypt than from here. Both of us are looking forward to making new friends as we stay in touch and think about our friends here.

2 comments:

  1. You are the most organized person I know.Your "kids" look happy as does their new mom. She has a nice smile. By the way I did not get notification of your posting but that is okay as I will be checking it all the time over the next 10 months. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures. NEVER forget that I LOVE YOU BOTH "TC"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi You should be there by now or just about anyway. I hope your trip went well. I know you will be posting after you get settled. Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts. FOREVER FRIENDS "TC"

    ReplyDelete