Monday, September 5, 2011

Koshery, not Kosher!

Just had to tell you about one of the great foods here, called koshery. I assumed it meant kosher, as in deli. I was very wrong. Koshery is a peasant food staple and absolutely addictive; it includes rice, pasta, garbanzo beans, lentils, onions (usually fried) and a variety of toppings, from tomato sauce to spicy sauce. It may not be pastrami, but it is good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and microwaves well. Turns out our housekeeper cooks great Egyptian food, so we are looking forward to being introduced to a greater variety.

Big greetings to Ryan and Daniel McCombie, our amazing nephews, who turn 21 on 6 September. Tear it up, guys!

1 comment:

  1. S "TC"ounds Wonderful, can't wait for you to learn how to make all these new foods. Then for sure I will gain back all the weight I lost. lol By the way I have had that particular dish while in Egypt with my Pen Pal's parents many year ago. Now for sure I am REALLY JEALOUS !!!! ENJOY

    ReplyDelete