Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Home

We are back in New Haven as of Sunday night. The flights were just fine, easy and comfortable, but I should warn you of possibly the worse movie ever made: "John Carter," a combination space opera and shoot-em-up in which no one could act and the movie so bad it was mesmerizing.

The house was perfect, thanks to Stasia, and our 8 pieces of luggage all arrived (one late, but arrived nonetheless) and we owed NO duty, perhaps because I presented the customs officer with a printed list of every blessed item we either bought or were given. I suspect he felt anyone so compulsive isn't lying.

Harris and I are both sick with a viral intestinal bug I picked up in Cairo probably last Thursday, and between runs to the bathroom (pun intended) and loperamide, we sleep prodigiously and unpack slowly. Truly prodigious--14-15 hours a day. Eating little, but insha'allah, that will change.

Our cars are registered and plated, started right up (!!). but we are still using the rental since neither of us have the strength to go out and get everything right (oil changed; Harris's smells like mice pee, he says).

Tomorrow is our visit to Costco, where I will buy a little camera to replace my broken one, so the next entry will have photos. I'll have to consider a new blog name if I want to keep this up. Suggestions welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home!

    Best to you and Harris,
    Caitlin Murphy

    ReplyDelete