Monday, October 10, 2011

All seems fine

Just a short posting to say things are fine here after the events of yesterday when lives were lost in Tahrir Square. Ironically, I was at work all day yesterday and had no idea anything had happened until Andrew emailed us to see if we were okay. We are, like everyone here, sick about the violence and strife, but like everyone here, hopeful for a peaceful transition. However, we are hewing to the State department guidelines to avoid downtown, large groups, demonstrations, and so forth, and to expect travel delays. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know you are okay. I was wondering all day if you were safe. STAY SAFE "TC"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're safe .....I check your site every day. I keep Harriet up on the news (I copy your story and mail it to her so she keeps up).

    Love, Debbie and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunatly not everyone there is sick about the violence and strife or there wouldn't be any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Doody, Bryn MAwr Alumnae AssociationOctober 13, 2011 at 1:34 PM

    Dear Mel,

    Anna Kamstra shared with me your blog and I would love your thoughts on tourists visit to Egypt. We have an Alumnae Association trip planned for January 2012 and have a few nervous travelers.

    best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete